Chicago Tap Theatre seeks a part time Development Coordinator.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Tracking and acknowledging incoming donations
- Planning and executing 2-3 donation campaigns throughout the season
- Leading the Board and Company staff with the planning and execution of the annual gala
- Organizing, tracking and helping secure silent auction items for the gala
- Tracking patron attendance at shows and events utilizing Kindful CRM
- Creating targeted lists for marketing purposes utilizing Kindful CRM
- Working with Board members and Dancers to develop and maintain a comprehensive, ever expanding donor portfolio
- Coordinating capital campaigns as needed
- Grant researching, tracking, and coordinating
- Recruiting corporate sponsors
- Educating board members on their fundraising roles and leveraging their connections
- Supervising development intern(s)
Organization, writing, and ability to learn, adapt and grow the position into a larger role.
This is a part-time position of 8-12 hours per week and will vary depending on the season schedule. Hours are mostly flexible except there is a required full staff meeting on Tuesdays at 1:45pm (approx. 1.5 hours) via Zoom, some required events scheduled at the start of the season and must work to coordinate with board and donor schedules.
This position requires someone with expertise in fundraising, CRM software, and developing relationships. Experience working with dance and theater companies is a plus. They should also be communicative, self-motivated and detail-oriented. A specific interest in working with a dynamic, growing tap dance company is encouraged!
Pay: Compensation is hourly and negotiable DOE.
If interested, please submit a cover letter, resume and writing sample of a donor appeal letter to email@example.com by October 10 with Development Coordinator in the subject line.