Chicago Tap Theatre is seeking a Development Manager to help carry out its mission of sharing the creativity, history, and joy of tap dance. The DM reports to the Business Manager and works closely with the Artistic Director in order to strategically raise funding that serves the organization’s core mission and programs.
The DM is responsible for increasing donations, finding and securing sources of funding, and developing strategies to retain and expand the current donor base. Applicants must be skilled at developing and maintaining relationships throughout the organization and among its stakeholders while clearly communicating and advocating for its mission and programs.
Chicago Tap Theatre offers a unique opportunity to work with a small but mighty team of people that are passionate about tap dance in a flexible and primarily remote capacity.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working with Board Members, Artists, and Stakeholders to develop and maintain a comprehensive, ever expanding donor portfolio
- Coordinating special fundraising campaigns, including CTTs 20th Anniversary fundraiser
- Grant researching, tracking, and coordinating as well as drafting narratives and supporting documents
- Leading and expanding the Friends of Chicago Tap Theatre donor recognition program and providing benefits to its membership
- Recruiting Corporate Sponsors and expanding the corporate sponsorship program
- Creating meaningful relationships between Stakeholders and the Organization, including curating small year-round events
- Effectively communicating the mission & vision of the organization to its Stakeholders
- Implement and develop fundraising strategies for Board Members
- Leading the Events Committee
- Leading the Board and Company staff with the planning and execution of the Annual Gala, one informal fundraising event, and two donor touchpoint events throughout the season
- Tracking and acknowledging incoming donations
- Planning and executing 2-3 donation campaigns throughout the season
- Sending donor newsletters throughout the season
- Organizing, tracking and helping secure silent auction items for the gala
- Managing integrations and keeping donor, patron, and student records up to date and clean in Kindful CRM
- Creating targeted lists for marketing and mailing purposes utilizing Kindful CRM
- Actively engage in budget planning discussions with the Business Manager Liaising and clearly communicating and collaborating with staff, including Artistic Director, Business Manager, Marketing Manager, and General Manager when needed in order to effectively carry out job
- Utilizing development intern(s) when needed
- Attend remote weekly staff meeting, day and time to be mutually determined
Skills required: organization, writing, and ability to learn, adapt and grow the position into a larger role
This position requires someone with expertise in fundraising, CRM software, and developing relationships. Experience working with dance and theater companies is a plus. They should also be communicative, self-motivated and detail-oriented. A specific interest in working with a dynamic, growing tap dance company is encouraged!
This is a part-time position at 10 hours per week. Compensation is hourly and ranges from $25-$30/hour depending on experience.
Please provide a cover letter, resume, and a writing sample of a fundraising letter. Email all materials to General Manager, Kylie Stover at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 7, 2023.