Chicago Tap Theatre is a non-profit tap dance company based in Chicago, IL, whose mission is to share the creativity, history, and joy of tap dance. CTT is currently hiring a part-time General Manager.
CTT’s General Manager is the primary link between administrative and artistic operations ensuring that communication and schedules align between all departments. This position requires someone with expertise in arts administration, production cycles, and developing relationships. They should also be communicative, self-motivated and detail-oriented. A specific interest in working with a dynamic, growing tap dance company is encouraged!
- Attend & Lead weekly staff meeting, remotely (Tuesdays, 10:30-11:30am)
- Maintains the primary internal calendar and communicates with staff to schedule and book space/venues for rehearsals, shows, and other events
- Create and distribute contracts for all CTT company members and contracted employees and work with Business manager to track payments made
- Assist with maintaining CTT budget and track all reimbursements to be made
- Maintain CTT Repertory documentation including music
- Manages hiring process from creating job posts to scheduling interviews to leading onboarding of new employees
- Keeps website up to date with upcoming events and job postings
- Direct and manage interns to assist with any project needs
- Works with Development Manager to coordinate logistics, carry out administrative tasks, and perform on-site management of the annual gala event
- Liaising and clearly communicating and collaborating with staff, including Artistic Director, Business Manager, Marketing Manager, and Development Manager when needed in order to effectively carry out job
- Serve as the confidential administrative contact for artists
- Manage company wide communications
- Maintains company contact list and pertinent company member information
- Encourages/coordinates company outings and team building events
PRODUCTION & TOURING
- Coordinates with choreographers to gather tech information to relay to production manager
- Coordinates with non-production contractors (photographer, videographer, etc.) for productions
- Primary contact for home and touring venues AND patrons/audience members
- Assists with ticket set up
- Manages complimentary ticket list
- Coordinates, prepares, and creates programs for home venue performances
- Takes on House Manager role for home venues and coordinates volunteers
- Coordinates company hospitality for home shows and tours
- Coordinates CTT Guest travel, lodging, and logistics. Communicates all agendas and information to guests
- Coordinates all CTT travel, lodging, hospitality, and logistics for tours. Communicates all items to dancers and venues.
- Attendance at weekly meeting and all Company events is mandatory for this position
- Must have experience in administration for non-profits.
- Able to begin ASAP
- Candidates should be excited to create strategies and have the ability to implement and evaluate them
- Must be self-sufficient, self-motivated, and bring your own ideas to the table
- We encourage training to stay up to date on the field, however, this is not a position to learn on the job
This is a part time position of 8-10 hours/week. Pay will be $18/hour based on experience.
If interested, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 20 with “General Manager” in the subject line.