Chicago Tap Theatre seeks a part time Development Coordinator. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- -Tracking and acknowledging incoming donations
- -Planning and executing 2-3 donation campaigns throughout the season
- -Leading the Board and Company staff with the planning and execution of the annual gala
- -Organizing, tracking and helping secure silent auction items for the gala
- -Tracking patron attendance at shows and events utilizing Kindful CRM
- -Creating targeted lists for marketing purposes utilizing Kindful CRM
- -Working with Board members and Dancers to develop and maintain a comprehensive, ever expanding donor portfolio
- -Coordinating capital campaigns as needed
- -Grant researching, tracking, and coordinating
- -Recruiting corporate sponsors
- -Educating board members on their fundraising roles and leveraging their connections
- -Supervising development intern(s)
Skills required: organization, writing, and ability to learn, adapt and grow the position into a larger role
This is a part-time position of 8-12 hours per week and will vary depending on the season schedule. Hours are mostly flexible except there is a required full staff meeting on Tuesdays at 1:45pm (approx. 1.5 hours) via Zoom, some required events scheduled at the start of the season and must work to coordinate with board and donor schedules.
Compensation is hourly and negotiable DOE.
This position requires someone with expertise in fundraising, CRM software, and developing relationships. Experience working with dance and theater companies is a plus. They should also be communicative, self-motivated and detail-oriented. A specific interest in working with a dynamic, growing tap dance company is encouraged!
If interested, please submit a cover letter, resume and writing sample of a donor appeal letter to [email protected] by October 10 with Development Coordinator in the subject line.
Applications accepted for any season: Fall, Winter/Spring, Summer. See below for time commitment.
Chicago Tap Theatre is looking for an intern to join our team! This internship involves working with one of Chicago’s own non-profit dance companies. It is a unique opportunity to learn about the world of non-profits, develop mentor-type relationships, connect with the performance community in Chicago, and, of course, tap alongside the company!
Fall: September through December based on availability of intern
Winter/Spring: January through May based on availability of intern
Summer: May through August based on availability of intern
4 hours in the office per week: Tuesdays, 11:30am-3:30pm
Occasional “homework” (run a couple errands, hang a few posters, finish some data input)
Show week may include being in the theatre for tech plus show dates
Fall and Summer only: 2-4 day student intensives where you’ll be working all day
No housing offered, but summer interns of the past have stayed with Loyola University Chicago’s summer intern housing. Find more information here: https://www.luc.edu/conference/housing/summerhousing/
Get hands-on experience in the day-to-day running of a non-profit arts’ organization
Work with fun, talented artists who share the same passions as you
Live in the lively, diverse city of Chicago
Attend tap classes gratis with Chicago Tap Theatre’s Mark Yonally and company dancers
Receive a professional discount at CTT’s home studio of Joel Hall Dancers and Center
Willing to work with your university to get credit
Gain experience in:
Day-to-day running of a non-profit dance company
Social media marketing
Merchandise inventory and distribution
If interested, please send cover letter and resume to [email protected] with Intern in the subject line.